Forum use

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum use

Administrator Stage 6 ECU CTW John's Avatar

Default Forum use

Ok, I feel we should move forward with the forum so it is only tuners in here, I know alot of people using this forum are unhappy posting because of the open viewing. I propose business users and developers only with all registration being approved and existing members having 30 days to provide complete profiles showing business details or contact to moderator, all other profiles will be removed.

Any other suggestions?
    CMD/Tricore, Optican, Byteshooter, Byteshooter Truck, Kess V2, K-Tag, EVC BDM, Dimsport New Genius & MPPS masters. WinOLS user.

OK, profile updated. Do you need more info, just give me a shout.
    Cheers, Hugo

Hi yes that's fine Hugo thanks. Also I'll add that the registered email in the profile has to be a company one and not a yahoo/hotmail/gmail etc type email.
    CMD/Tricore, Optican, Byteshooter, Byteshooter Truck, Kess V2, K-Tag, EVC BDM, Dimsport New Genius & MPPS masters. WinOLS user.

Senior Member Stage 5 ECU

I think that VAT number, winols or other mapping software registration, company address, company logo, contact details and tuning hardware s/n is enough for this purpose.
    Lets hope that it will work and a real tuners forum will be truth.

I'm not sure if suppliers will be happy us asking 1000 ID's are correct, this has to be realistic, there will have to be a certain level of vetting to make sure ID's are correct and use our judgement.

Senior Member Stage 3 ECU

Default Exactly?

so what exaxtly should we put in our profile?

Senior Member Stage 4 ECU simaving's Avatar

Smile Profile update

Ive updated my profile so it has company e mail address etc,my company is chiptuners.co.uk and can be verified by simply visiting our homepage : ) Hope you manage to vet the users succesfuly John,The forum has been in need of a shake up lately good luck! cheers Simon (simon@chiptuners.co.uk)

John DNA Tuningvwmike

In most cases I think a lot of us could vouch for each other. You don't have to go much further than that to weed out the hobbyists and ebay tuners.

Hi guys you don't need to pm me(I don't need 3000 pms ) or post you've changed it we will go through all profiles on a profile by profile basis anyway but yes I think it's important that all company details including company email are in the profile as well as accurate location. This is what you guys want so we're doing it. If you're removed from the forum it's nothing personal just the way the intended users want it so please don't bitch at me about it either!

Senior Member Stage 3 ECU

well I am new here but I had a thought to share. If you make the whole forum only usable to established guys then guys like me might not end up here to buy tools and software from sponsors. I am a legit business for ten years now with hundreds of thousands of $ in tools and equipment including an AWD dyno. I have done the hardware side and just installing the software. I have always wanted to learn the software side and thru this site have gotten the info to buy the Swiftec and give it a try. From other forums I have been on there certainly could be private sections that only the "real pros" could access yet still have the basic forum up for members.
    Anyway just my 2 cents and maybe this has already been covered. I hope to stay a part of the forum however it gos but will understand if I don't meet the criteria.

Personally I'd still see you as a business and not a customer, what is everyone elses opinion?

Senior Member Stage 5 ECU

Yep, business not end user

John DNA Tuningbellautos

As said in the first post by john, business users supply details within 30 days.

so people can still register with MODERATOR to acctivate there account,
    ( NOT JUST REGISTER AND THERE IN ) It must be activated buy a mod.

Then that moderator should make it his/her obligation to recive the correct info for proof of business for regristration to be valid after the 30 days.

I personaly think 14 days is long eniough to prove you are a business.

My opinion.
    Last edited by bellautos; 11-20-2007 at 12:47 PM.

Senior Member Stage 4 ECU rhitk's Avatar

Hello John,

Profile updated! I'm happy to see something is to be done now! Maybe a quick and free check for Dutch members can be this:

http://www.kvk.nl/handelsregister/zo...asp?register=1

This is the Dutch chamber of commerce. Just fill in the company name (max 2 words) and, if known, the place. Select "Actieve handelsnamen", only active companies will show up.

I'm sure that for most other countries a similar website exists. Hope this can be of any help.

Senior Member Stage 2 ECU

Hi:

Ive updated my profile (company name, address and web site), as I am outside Europe if you need my company license number in my country please let me know.
    www.electronicadelauto.com
    Costa Rica, Central America

Senior Member Stage 4 ECU rhitk's Avatar

Only 1 question remains: when will this shake out take place???

Member Stage 1 ECU

profile/referer is a good way to join, might just be easier to lock down instant registration... and then maybe ask them a question pertaining to tuning in order to gain access... but it is also a good idea to create a locked forum which only certain users can gain access too, because this is basically the only place to learn for some other than PGMFI and of the sort...

Member Stage 2 ECU

Professional forums are boring. This forum is good entertainment right now.

Junior Member Stage 1 ECU BOURIN01's Avatar

Hi,
    I am a complete noob on this forum, and i hope you will accept my coming.....
    I do not work in my own company (it would be so grate).
    Your customers are privet ones, and ours are French car manufacturers. We still have the same "programing/mapping" job but with completely different tools......

Ps: I work in a big company and he don't think my managers will let me use my professional mail address for a forum.
    et oui les Français parlent très mal l'anglais

Senior Member Stage 6 ECU fastguy76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mika View Post
    Professional forums are boring. This forum is good entertainment right now.
    This is not a forum to get fun or pass time. And this forum is a professional forum and company registration must be done to keep real users and professionals. Not end users.

Regards