• promotion

5 14.29%
  • other (specify)

4 11.43%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The definitive Advanced Area Thread / Poll

Administrator Stage 2 ECU admin's Avatar

Default The definitive Advanced Area Thread / Poll

Every one of you are waiting for this area to be created. There are lots of different thoughts about how should it be implemented. The main issue is if users should pay or should be invited.

The invitation process could limit access to valuable people. The payment process could have some problems too.

I need you to give your oppinion (again) and to vote for the solution you think it's better.

John DNA TuningEDC15

Hi,

in my opinion, access should not be given for money nor by invitation.

As there are many assholes on this planet who only grap information and you never get something back but a kick in your ass, or even bigger assholes who tell everybody your stories they meet at the baker, it would be nice if there could be an area for people who are willing to share information.

How to check someones intention? I do not know.

Best regards, Rainer

Senior Member Stage 4 ECU

There is no way to answer this question...

i guess the democratic way of the poll will give an answer

What is promotion? You could make a hidden forum. A new person asking what button on forged winols makes tuned files would never know. Also a library of information similar to ORIdb would be a good idea. I am sure i have some other pdf's of information/books that have not been seen on here before. Alos this would be better to be kept within friends

promotion is automatically give access to the user based on the number of posts, reputation level or number of days registered.

John DNA Tuningvwmike

I voted for promotion simply because an invitation only sort of place means there is potential for it just being a cool guys club nobody gets into. A paid entrance proves nothing as anyone can pay. Whether or not they'd use that information responsibly is another matter.

Member Stage 2 ECU

I dont think invitation is the way to go as already said it will end up a boys club.

Pay money again not sure although i would be happy to pay.

Promotion suits me if i goes on lenght of service as at the moment i dont have much to contribute. I am sure i will get there though.

Senior Member Stage 6 ECU turborabbit's Avatar

Althought i voted for payed subscription, i thought again and think that solution must be "a bit of everything".

For example:

200messages + 3 months+ 2 votes from members
    or
    100 messages + 4 months + 5 votes
    or
    50 messages + 5 months + 10 votes

but again there may be excemptions... someone NEW, without posts, but highly recommended by some fellow. Or even some kind of demo 10 day membership (to see if this member will really cintribute) + some limit to block those new members to rip off whole knowledge base in one day...
    Golf MKII Fan, Scammer & Keyboard tuner

Senior Member Stage 4 ECU simaving's Avatar

Default re:poll

I think promotion seems the best way to make sure important info doesn't fall into the wrong hands

John DNA TuningEDC15

Hi,

as moderator in a board with ~6000 members I think promotion ist the most worse idea.
    It has shown, that there are lots of people who are only posting bullduckduckduckduck the whole day in order to get a higher 'rank'.

In my opinion, the money option would be worth a thought.

It would be a joke if people who post 100 times 'huh please help me I'm so silly' would get access and people who give 10 answers to such people wouldn't.

Best regards, Rainer
    Last edited by EDC15; 02-15-2007 at 01:10 PM.

Senior Member Stage 6 ECU turborabbit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EDC15 View Post
    It has shown, that there are lots of people who are only posting bullduckduckduckduck the whole day in order to get a higher 'rank'.
    ====
    That's correct. But I think HERE these people are quite easily trackable, and that's why I propose some voting/approval.

THE PROBLEM, THE REAL PROBLEM will be that if ALL GOOD GUYS will gather in CLOSED SECTION... will be there life outside at all? In public area? Or this will turn into marketplace?
    -"Who can give me solution for X????"
    -"Me, $100"
    -"PM me"
    -"I can help, send mail"

Ok, now we have 30-40 active users, but how new user can possibly gain promotion conditions.. talking by himself? or posting spam?

We should keep public section alive and running, and ALL 30-40 active users must not ignore it...
    Golf MKII Fan, Scammer & Keyboard tuner

We should keep public section alive and running, and ALL 30-40 active users must not ignore it...
    That it true. The new section will be just for those cases that could not be discussed outside...

Moderators should be able to move threads "outside" the section....

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by EDC15 View Post
    Hi,

as moderator in a board with ~6000 members I think promotion ist the most worse idea.

In my opinion, the money option would be worth a thought.

It would be a joke if people who post 100 times 'huh please help me I'm so silly' would get access and people who give 10 answers to such people wouldn't.

Best regards, Rainer
    +1

Also the number of days after registration should not be taken into account, it is an awful proofing tool.

I believe entering this section is also an 'ego' matter, but users really need to proove that they can help.

Personally, i canno't offer much as far as winols etc is concerned so I would accept it if I was not given access. For people who manage to gain access but are not able to offer help, you can always remove their access the same way it was given to them

John DNA Tuningvwmike

There are definitely some good points being made here. Perhaps you could just have a test of some sort =)

Pump tension is:

A - How tight the bolts are

B - How tight the timing belt is

C - The ECU output voltage to the quantity adjuster

D - None of the above

Administrator Stage 6 ECU CTW John's Avatar

You write a test then people just spend a week googling the answers...
    CMD/Tricore, Optican, Byteshooter, Byteshooter Truck, Kess V2, K-Tag, EVC BDM, Dimsport New Genius & MPPS masters. WinOLS user.

I am not sure a test might be a little too much (plus we all know it is D=the worry as you realise you are out of fuel again )
    I think the members here are wise enough to see when people start whether they know what they are doing, or have buyed cheap tools and they ask which end to plug into the car!
    I would not worry as yet. It will become clear eventually

Senior Member Stage 3 ECU chippie's Avatar

It's hard to make a choice.
    I think it's not right to look forthe number of postings.
    Maybe it's pssible to check anywhere that the peole for this area must have an official licence of WinOls or CMD or .... ?

Regards,
    Chippie

Administrator Stage 6 ECU CTW John's Avatar

but then you have people who have their own development software that is not used by anyone else, or professionals from manufacturers, or even enthusiasts who slove their own checksum's

I think maybe the moderators all approve case by case will be the only way everyone will be happy about who gets to see, OR maybe the group within already as a whole all need to approve additional members for it to work?
    CMD/Tricore, Optican, Byteshooter, Byteshooter Truck, Kess V2, K-Tag, EVC BDM, Dimsport New Genius & MPPS masters. WinOLS user.

Senior Member Stage 3 ECU chippie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John DNA Tuning View Post
    but then you have people who have their own development software that is not used by anyone else, or professionals from manufacturers, or even enthusiasts who slove their own checksum's
    Yes, you are right, it was just a sugestion

I think maybe the moderators all approve case by case will be the only way everyone will be happy about who gets to see,
    Maybe the best option.

OR maybe the group within already as a whole all need to approve additional members for it to work?
    The more members you get in the mor discussion you will have. Maybe it's working but then only with a vote system?

Chippie

John DNA Tuningvwmike

I was just joking but I really have no idea how this should work. I'm sure whatever the admins and mods decide will be fair.