PDA

View Full Version : Just a suggestion......

thanos
09-29-2006, 05:08 PM
Will it be usefull if we had a place just for talking about maps?I think that the general chiptuning discussion has to be cleared.One way to keep it clear is to break it apart.So a map question index could be usefull.We could call it General map questions Or General map locations or something like this.The info that will be given to this place would be easely browsable by the registered users and you don`t have to search throw the entire site.

MNBM
09-29-2006, 08:59 PM
:) :)

Good idea, but I donīt think so will be realized...

thanos
09-29-2006, 09:46 PM
The nature of the maps are something that many people see it as a dark spot.There is no need to post if you don`t wan`t to share the info.This would be a place that will clear up the chiptuning 101 section a bit and a more clear view will come up from this forum.This suggestion came up in a very bad day for the forum though.I hope the moderators will see this.

vwmike
09-29-2006, 09:59 PM
Something tells me this isn't going to happen until if/when a locked advanced area happens. Nobody is going to share map data that can be found using google.

thanos
09-29-2006, 10:42 PM
Even so.I am wiling to share a lot of info about maps.I don`t care if it`s going to be a locked or open section.This is not my job.The moderators will decide this.I just wan`t to share my knowledge and get some wisdom from all of you.

thanos
09-29-2006, 11:00 PM
If they decide to create a locked section i will accept it as it is and i will do my best to get mysel in.If someone wants to join the locked section he should pass from some kind of test first.Like helping a lot of newbies.This will make the forum go forward and i have no problem passing that test first.
This was just an example.

vwmike
09-29-2006, 11:04 PM
There was that whole other thread about this subject....were any conclusions ever drawn from it and if it is decided to go forward then when would something be done about this?

thanos
09-29-2006, 11:15 PM
I have already red this subject.SO :

Admin
bellautos
car-power
john@dna
T-POWER

what do you say about this?

Breaking apart the most usually discussed subjects in the chiptunig 101 section will solve some of your problems?

Ps: I am realy tired cause i was working for 15 straight hours and i don`t wan`t to misphrase something so this will be my last post.

imported_admin
09-30-2006, 12:27 AM
We have been talking about this subject a lot...

1. I don't want that most of the discussion goes to the locked section (or anyother name we can call it)

2. The user acceptance could be a problem, who should have access? because a user with 200 posts could be as usefull or not, as a user with 20 posts. Are some users going to have problems with other users belonging to the group with access?

3. Are users able to say that another user is wrong? I have seen some problems with this lately...A user can think a map is for X and another user that is for Y....are you able to live with that? is that agains the rules? I think not.

4. Will freelancers have the same opportunity that a user that owns a chiptuning company to belong to that group?

And by the way...moderators are here to moderate. Moderators are also users of the forum. Users decide what is best to the forum. So bellautos, car-power, john@dna and T-POWER should also have their oppinion as users for this subject.

CTW John
09-30-2006, 01:29 AM
I think this should be for regular users only, not hose that register and never post.

After a long day moderating I went out, had a drink made my girl smile ;) and all is good in the world again :D

Remind me not to post after a drink :P See us moderators are human too!

vwmike
09-30-2006, 01:46 AM
So how is this really different than the oridb? If you contribute then perhaps you should be allowed in? A lot of people register and don't post so I would assume they're only here to read and have nothing to contribute...therefore they have no need to be in the advanced area.

CTW John
09-30-2006, 10:27 AM
exactly, there are 700+ users that are registered and have never posted....

vwmike
09-30-2006, 10:31 AM
So why isn't this area there yet?

imported_admin
09-30-2006, 03:54 PM
So, please suggest a name for the forum...

I will configure it....and give some people access just to see the level of sharing that could be done there....

vwmike
09-30-2006, 07:14 PM
Advanced Chiptuners Forum?

Pits
10-01-2006, 12:30 AM
0 posters should be deleted ;)

CTW John
10-01-2006, 09:15 AM
If a '0' post account has no posts still after 4 weeks then it should be deleted maybe? If someone registers and doesn't post after that long then they're surely unlikely too. With some of the aggressive posting sometimes it can put people off posting at all if they read the arguments. This is why it's important to keep a clean forum, from my 8 years experience admining a huge forum this is what we found worked best anyway...

MNBM
10-01-2006, 10:49 AM
0 posts acounts are here to read this forum as newspaper and to download what is possible.
Two three days is equal time to do it.

bellautos
10-01-2006, 11:08 AM
If you delite no posters they will only re register ,,
i think the best option is to send NEW email activation for them.

If they dont activate/renew there there account in a few days then we know there not coming back and can now be made so they have no or limited reading acsess on the full forum..

Also if you delite all non posting members the forum will loose the hi "member count"

so when GENUINE new members join the forum it may look like the forum only has a very few members and this may stop them also posting.

bellautos
10-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Advanced Chiptuners Forum?

Ill go for that

mods4cars
10-01-2006, 12:47 PM
I think if there is going to be a advanced tuning section , you should pay a members fee , maybe 10 or 20 euro . it will help develope the site and also keep ebayers out

imported_admin
10-01-2006, 06:55 PM
I will setup that. For now without fees. We will see if it is a success...

thanos
10-01-2006, 08:34 PM
good move admin.....

vwmike
10-01-2006, 09:21 PM
So,...how does a person go about gaining access to this advanced area?

imported_admin
10-02-2006, 01:00 AM
you will know when it's open....