PDA

View Full Version : Forum registrations

bellautos
09-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Is there some way registrations can be made to be moderated.

It seems lately that we have the new KWP crew here asking silly questions when there car fooks up.

I know we/ i dont have to answer them but seriousley this is getting a joke now with duckduckduckduckduckducks on ebay selling duckduckduckduck and that leaves the forum open for duckduckduckduck posts about ,,, ( how do i fix my car ) etc etc.

This forum should be a place where sencible people can come and have a good chat and swap GOOD information about this business.

Exept its very hard to give good info because we are teaching all the ebay fleet of duckduckduckduck tool sellers.

Sorry for my rant , i just had to say something..

Tune_it
09-07-2006, 05:46 PM
I 100% agree.

Its getting worse and worse.

I know another forum locks most threads so that only authorized people can use them.

I personally wouldn't mind having 1 thread for new guys/idiots to use, and we can help if we wish?

Ecudokter
09-07-2006, 05:48 PM
You're right! I full agree!!!!!!

Let every user give there company details or something like that...

Regards

CTW John
09-07-2006, 05:54 PM
I had suggested a forum for ebay users/spazs earlier.

I definately think profiles should be filled in with company details for 'access all areas' and moderators check access

bellautos
09-07-2006, 05:57 PM
I had suggested a forum for ebay users/spazs earlier.

I definately think profiles should be filled in with company details for 'access all areas' and moderators check access

can you ask admin ,, or at least make a POLL for users to vote on how they would like the forum ??

Then send bulk email to users and give them link to poll.

RSTuning
09-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Makes sense and i totally agree, this was mentioned before but nothing done. Now is time to sort it as it's starting to become a joke!

Paul

mods4cars
09-23-2006, 10:51 PM
I agree to . its would be nice to be able to share info with real tuners , instead of providing info for ebayers to feck up the market

imported_admin
09-24-2006, 02:30 AM
Hi, that kind of users are not welcome here. Well at least there should be a way that someone can advise or let them know that what they are doing in not good and that kind of bahaviour is not acceptable. I think there are some users that go that way because of lack of information.

Filling the profile is not enough and I think it will not solve the problem.

I think the right way is close some of the foruns and give access to only some users, or users that are not selling duckduckduckduck. But we talked about this over and over... is like the "advanced chiptuning" area...

Well it is ok to me if there are some more 2 or 3 moderators....any volunteers? I will check their profile... :wink:

Pits
09-24-2006, 05:11 AM
I had suggested a forum for fleabay users/spazs earlier.

can you ask admin ,, or at least make a POLL for users to vote on how they would like the forum ??

Then send bulk email to users and give them link to poll.

You can see on memberlist there's a list of 0 posters so if many of them vote probably you will get what you don't want as a result from poll ;) So this is the problem of restricted acess areas that has talked before. I think it's better to let the users know that any question related to ebay stuff and asking for tuned files for free will get ip baned, account deleted! I think it's the best way

Just my opinion mates

mods4cars
09-24-2006, 05:57 AM
Banning I.Ps will be to much work for the mods . Just have 2 sections . Advanced tuner and novice .
The problem in here is the info we put up comes up top in the search engines , so we have all sorts of people coming on , form the kwp interface cowboys to the top tuners in europe.

I personally think we should make as hard as possible for the ebay tuner to get info , the main reason is there fecking up the market and screwing up cars with this crap equipment .

But at the end f the day its not there fault , there falling into the marketing trap that the seller of kwp interface have , id love to know how many have been sold

my ramble over :)

bellautos
09-24-2006, 03:02 PM
Well it is ok to me if there are some more 2 or 3 moderators....any volunteers? I will check their profile... :wink:

I will be glad to moderate and help on the forum.

Give me the power :)

CTW John
09-24-2006, 05:13 PM
I have the power to add moderators, does anybody have any problems with Bell being a moderator? I don't.

He's reasonably helpful and I don't think the fact he likes to dress up in womens clothes on weekends should have any bearing on his status here.

dimitris simonis
09-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Yes John "give the power to Bell"
It would be nice if more decent users had the time to work for the forum.

Pits
09-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Yeah, Bell to the power chair

vwmike
09-24-2006, 09:15 PM
He's reasonably helpful and I don't think the fact he likes to dress up in womens clothes on weekends should have any bearing on his status here.

Does he by chance hang around in bars when he does this?

Dazza
09-24-2006, 09:18 PM
And he told me I was "special"....... :( LOL

bellautos
09-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the support lads.

@ john ive now moved on to pink hair and makeup with red lip gloss LOOOOOL

No seriousley im as straight as the come ,, im just like the forum hitman when i use google earth to track the Fleebay sellers down lol

CTW John
09-24-2006, 09:45 PM

Why have you recently chatted up a girl with 'facial hair' in a bar? Something you want to tell us? :)

CTW John
09-24-2006, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the support lads.

@ john ive now moved on to pink hair and makeup with red lip gloss LOOOOOL

No seriousley im as straight as the come ,, im just like the forum hitman when i use google earth to track the Fleebay sellers down lol

The only thing about being a moderator is dealing with the duckduckduckducks who don't read the rules and then give you duckduckduckduck when you point them out, then you have to avoid rising to their replies and not taking them personally, that's the only downside. But it's no big deal really. I've resisted the ban button many a time :)

vwmike
09-24-2006, 10:21 PM

Why have you recently chatted up a girl with 'facial hair' in a bar? Something you want to tell us? :)

It was a Monty Python reference.... :D

bellautos
09-24-2006, 10:24 PM
I dont mind pointing out the rules then taking the duckduckduckduck ,, its just like having a wife.

We are always wrong no matter what ever we do :)

yellowperil
09-24-2006, 11:31 PM
Let pete have the power! Always found him very helpfull and a great guy to get on with.

By the way he wasnt in drag the few time si have met him!

ecu_flash
09-25-2006, 05:29 AM
'It was a Monty Python reference....'

:D :D

tango
09-25-2006, 08:41 AM

u sure its only weekends lol

tango
09-25-2006, 08:43 AM
forgot to mention
he will be ok as a mod (hes done it many times b4 ;) )

mods4cars
09-25-2006, 09:39 PM
Well , the one night i was stupid drunk , this strange woman was talking to me , she called her self petey or patricia , i some how managed to get a pic on the mobile fone , it must of been him , now nothing happened :twisted:

pete for mod is ok for me

CTW John
09-25-2006, 09:52 PM
Pete's alternate mobile number when he's in drag is 07770 756408
He rarely answers this number as he prefers it if you leave him a message apparently ;)

bellautos
09-25-2006, 10:00 PM
Lmfao hehe jeje