PDA

View Full Version : » Ecu locations - Section of the forum

ChipTronic
08-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Does anyone else think that it's a good idea to add to this section of the forum. I am thinking:

ECU Locations and Flash Types.

Only at the moment I and other users post questions about which flash is in an ECU in the 101 section. I was thinking that it could be added into this section of the forum, that way there is one point of reference for all ECU questions.

Any thoughts?

Tecno
08-23-2006, 08:46 PM
By "Flash" you mean what eprom/flash memory chip is in a certain ECU ?

If so, you can go to:

- http://www.alientech.to/drivers/autobbs_login.asp -> enter the word: demo in both fields and then you just have to select the Brand and Model of the car, you can even search by ECU number, and you get the info about the eprom/flash in each ecu.

The same applies to this site:

- http://www.dimsport.it -> choose Italian flag, then go to "AREA RISERVATA", another window opens and then goes directly to the login, you just need to enter the word: "guest" in each field and it's quite similar to alientech site, maybe smaller database, but very good.

Hope this helps. :)
Also, there is a sticky thread somewhere on here with files attached to it, that contains that kind of information.

Best Regards
Tecno

P.S: That section should be called: "ECU & OBD Locations"

ChipTronic
08-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the info & links Tecno, yes by flash I do mean eprom etc.

I'm really looking to get this section added, as I think it will help members out. Lists are good, but you can't beat real world experience for example if the eprom is glued to the pcb, or whether the ECU is easy to strip or not. All of these things get added when a user asks this sort of question, so I think it would be a good idea.

Good Idea, Maybe ECU & OBD Locations and Eprom Types.

Tecno
08-23-2006, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the info & links Tecno, yes by flash I do mean eprom etc.

I'm really looking to get this section added, as I think it will help members out. Lists are good, but you can't beat real world experience for example if the eprom is glued to the pcb, or whether the ECU is easy to strip or not. All of these things get added when a user asks this sort of question, so I think it would be a good idea.

Good Idea, Maybe ECU & OBD Locations and Eprom Types.

Then if you want to add questions about: "glued", soldered, sockets, how to remove, solder, clean eproms/flash memories, etc, maybe a separate section should be added to the forum. :)

This is my contribute for this topic: I think if we were to stick everything in that section and rename it, it would be to big ! I think it should only be about "ECU & OBD Locations", hope the admin agrees and renames it.

But questions about flash/eproms do also come often to the mind, so I think the admin/moderators team should think about it and where to incorporate that section ! :)

Cheers