PDA

View Full Version : Porsche 997 NA Hardware

CTW John
08-18-2006, 08:32 PM
DNA SRS now available for Porsche 997…

The pocket-sized programmer is now available for the normally aspirated Porsche 997.

For those not in the know, SRS is the revolutionary new tuning solution that puts performance re-mapping into the hands of the owner. Using the SRS on Porsches is fast and easy. On first being plugged into the car's diagnostic socket, one press of a button takes an exact copy of the standard E.C.U content, and stores it within the SRS module. With this information, we can provide either an duckduckduckduckbiliser map, a valet mode map, a road performance map, or various track day or race maps. A SRS module can contain up to 8 maps including the standard map, making it possible for a customer to purchase just one map or a variety of maps for different applications. Once the SRS module contains the chosen maps, the customer may upload and download maps to the car's ECU as required, all at the press of a button.

There is no need to open or tamper with the E.C.U, - a huge bonus for models where the car needs to be almost taken apart to access the ECU. No PC or other programming software/hardware is required by the customer.

What makes the SRS unique as a method of direct tuning via the serial port, is that the standard content, when fired back into the E.C.U, is completely standard and unmodified in any way. Other methods of direct serial port tuning add extra software to the E.C.U code for purposes such as identification or map switching.

Dealer service equipment would find such changes and occasionally be unable to interrogate or 'reflash' the E.C.U at all, thus invalidating the Warranty.

Programming via the diagnostic port using the SRS solves the quandary of all owners who want extra power and performance, but without compromising their warranty. Another large 'plus' is that it takes less than 30 seconds to download a copy of the standard ECU contents and another 30 seconds to upload the performance file. PP100 is currently available for:

Porsche 996, 996 Turbo, Boxster, 997

BMW New Mini

BMW 300D diesel range

Mercedes diesel

VW/Audi PD diesel

VW/Audi ME7 petrol engine range (including S3 and Audi TT)

Land Rover TD4 and TD6

Further information is available on the DNA Tuning website, www.dnatuning.com or by emailing info@dnatuning.com

MNBM
08-30-2006, 08:56 AM
hi john,

send me pls some info about the srs.
i think will be interesting to have it for my customers.

thanks

mnbm

CTW John
08-30-2006, 08:58 AM
PM me your email and I'll send you some info :)

vwmike
08-30-2006, 09:23 AM
That's really cool. Are the SRS units available by themselves (blank) or does it come as a package with a tuned file?

CTW John
08-30-2006, 09:31 AM
You need a dealer programmer to communicate with the unit, it's supplied without a file, a file can be supplied afterwards if required. The dealer programmer can be set to save files raw or encrypted so you can maintain file security from duplication by sub dealers if you wish.

vwmike
08-30-2006, 09:48 AM
That really solves a lot of the headaches associated with tuning a car that is far away. It would be tempting to use such a thing on a loaner basis as a means to deliver the tuning file to the end user while keeping the cost down. What kind of price range are we looking at?

CTW John
08-30-2006, 12:22 PM
price enquiries: trade and customer email me at sales@dnatuning.com

or pm me :)

ecu_flash
09-01-2006, 09:23 PM
How many times can an ecu be flashed with this unit?

Thanks

MNBM
09-02-2006, 01:18 AM
I think many times as with others flashing tools.

ecu_flash
09-02-2006, 05:52 AM
Bad syntax :roll:

How many times can an ecu/eeprom be flashed?

In a BMW training manual for the new mini it says there is a reverse counter for the flashes and it starts at 14. There is a warning when it drops to 5 (don't know what it is) but it doesn't mention what happens when it goes to 0. This manual was written in Greece - not Germany.

This may be the wrong place to ask this question but its relevant as we may offer the srs to a customer and he does racing weekends and burns different maps constantly.

MNBM
09-02-2006, 06:18 AM
Bad syntax :roll:

How many times can an ecu/eeprom be flashed?

In a BMW training manual for the new mini it says there is a reverse counter for the flashes and it starts at 14. There is a warning when it drops to 5 (don't know what it is) but it doesn't mention what happens when it goes to 0. This manual was written in Greece - not Germany.

This may be the wrong place to ask this question but its relevant as we may offer the srs to a customer and he does racing weekends and burns different maps constantly.

I am understand. The number of flashing depends on ECU. Some kind are designed for unlimited flashing, some kind counts. What happens if counter will be at zero I don´t know...
I have some testing ECUs which was reflashed 50 times but my testing ones are not all product range.
I remember I was found in some damos something about this especially in new ECUs, but there is a lot values around this and some undescribed sw switches (1-0) what is hard to say how it works without testing. But i think if will be srs reflashing eeprom or internal proccesor ram too it will be solution for this to be unlimeted flashable. On other side the srs probably will be work on limited ecus. Ask John he tell you more.

CTW John
09-02-2006, 01:56 PM
How many times can an ecu be flashed with this unit?

Thanks

There is no limit

ecu_flash
09-04-2006, 09:43 AM
ok, thanks

SPEEDINNOVATION
10-05-2006, 09:33 PM
PLease PM detail on the unit itself with no tuning added I am interested in purschasing these units and applying my own tuning. Also I would like to know about volume or price breaks that you offer.

I tune about 15 to 20 porsche a month and this would make life easy when it comes to having people or shops send me ecu

rhitk
12-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Hello John,

Nice product! Can we compare it with Alientech PowerGate?

I know that PowerGate can only manage 3 mod files + ori and that only "old" cars can be done with it.

Please send me some details by PM.

Regards.