PDA

View Full Version : Forum use

CTW John
11-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Ok, I feel we should move forward with the forum so it is only tuners in here, I know alot of people using this forum are unhappy posting because of the open viewing. I propose business users and developers only with all registration being approved and existing members having 30 days to provide complete profiles showing business details or contact to moderator, all other profiles will be removed.

Any other suggestions?

TCKwadraat
11-17-2007, 02:08 PM
OK, profile updated. Do you need more info, just give me a shout.
Cheers, Hugo

CTW John
11-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Hi yes that's fine Hugo thanks. Also I'll add that the registered email in the profile has to be a company one and not a yahoo/hotmail/gmail etc type email.

dimitris simonis
11-17-2007, 02:32 PM
I think that VAT number, winols or other mapping software registration, company address, company logo, contact details and tuning hardware s/n is enough for this purpose.
Lets hope that it will work and a real tuners forum will be truth.

CTW John
11-17-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm not sure if suppliers will be happy us asking 1000 ID's are correct, this has to be realistic, there will have to be a certain level of vetting to make sure ID's are correct and use our judgement.

p-08fc4
11-17-2007, 11:15 PM
so what exaxtly should we put in our profile?

simaving
11-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Ive updated my profile so it has company e mail address etc,my company is chiptuners.co.uk and can be verified by simply visiting our homepage : ) Hope you manage to vet the users succesfuly John,The forum has been in need of a shake up lately good luck! cheers Simon (simon@chiptuners.co.uk)

vwmike
11-19-2007, 11:18 AM
In most cases I think a lot of us could vouch for each other. You don't have to go much further than that to weed out the hobbyists and ebay tuners.

CTW John
11-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Hi guys you don't need to pm me(I don't need 3000 pms ;) ) or post you've changed it we will go through all profiles on a profile by profile basis anyway but yes I think it's important that all company details including company email are in the profile as well as accurate location. This is what you guys want so we're doing it. If you're removed from the forum it's nothing personal just the way the intended users want it so please don't bitch at me about it either! :)

reddog
11-19-2007, 02:56 PM
well I am new here but I had a thought to share. If you make the whole forum only usable to established guys then guys like me might not end up here to buy tools and software from sponsors. I am a legit business for ten years now with hundreds of thousands of $ in tools and equipment including an AWD dyno. I have done the hardware side and just installing the software. I have always wanted to learn the software side and thru this site have gotten the info to buy the Swiftec and give it a try. From other forums I have been on there certainly could be private sections that only the "real pros" could access yet still have the basic forum up for members.
Anyway just my 2 cents and maybe this has already been covered. I hope to stay a part of the forum however it gos but will understand if I don't meet the criteria.

CTW John
11-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Personally I'd still see you as a business and not a customer, what is everyone elses opinion?

RSTuning
11-20-2007, 12:33 AM
Yep, business not end user

bellautos
11-20-2007, 12:41 PM
As said in the first post by john, business users supply details within 30 days.

so people can still register with MODERATOR to acctivate there account,
( NOT JUST REGISTER AND THERE IN ) It must be activated buy a mod.

Then that moderator should make it his/her obligation to recive the correct info for proof of business for regristration to be valid after the 30 days.

I personaly think 14 days is long eniough to prove you are a business.

My opinion.

rhitk
11-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Hello John,

Profile updated! I'm happy to see something is to be done now! Maybe a quick and free check for Dutch members can be this:

http://www.kvk.nl/handelsregister/zoekenframeset.asp?register=1

This is the Dutch chamber of commerce. Just fill in the company name (max 2 words) and, if known, the place. Select "Actieve handelsnamen", only active companies will show up.

I'm sure that for most other countries a similar website exists. Hope this can be of any help.

elecautocr
11-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Hi:

Ive updated my profile (company name, address and web site), as I am outside Europe if you need my company license number in my country please let me know.

rhitk
11-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Only 1 question remains: when will this shake out take place???

Nexus1155
11-24-2007, 06:43 AM
profile/referer is a good way to join, might just be easier to lock down instant registration... and then maybe ask them a question pertaining to tuning in order to gain access... but it is also a good idea to create a locked forum which only certain users can gain access too, because this is basically the only place to learn for some other than PGMFI and of the sort...

mika
11-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Professional forums are boring. This forum is good entertainment right now.

BOURIN01
11-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Hi,
I am a complete noob on this forum, and i hope you will accept my coming.....
I do not work in my own company (it would be so grate).
Your customers are privet ones, and ours are French car manufacturers. We still have the same "programing/mapping" job but with completely different tools......

Ps: I work in a big company and he don't think my managers will let me use my professional mail address for a forum.

fastguy76
12-19-2007, 08:45 AM
Professional forums are boring. This forum is good entertainment right now.

This is not a forum to get fun or pass time. And this forum is a professional forum and company registration must be done to keep real users and professionals. Not end users.

Regards

fastguy76
12-19-2007, 08:46 AM
Ok, I feel we should move forward with the forum so it is only tuners in here, I know alot of people using this forum are unhappy posting because of the open viewing. I propose business users and developers only with all registration being approved and existing members having 30 days to provide complete profiles showing business details or contact to moderator, all other profiles will be removed.

Any other suggestions?

Best and good idea. The things can be done like this

1- Company website
2- Vat registration papers infos
3- company phones
4- Registered sw or customer ids or numbers of devices that re using

will be enough i think.

Regards

Tiago M Car12
12-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Forum cleaning asap!!!

Go for it John,

Regards,

Tiago

mika
12-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Free membership for OLS4 users!

rkam
12-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Removed due to announced forum changes.

mika
12-26-2007, 01:26 AM
Some years ago chiptuningforum.com goes in this way. They closed forum "professional only". Now there is about 20 members writin very carefully and very professional. Nobody cant ask a stupid questions and all posting is smooth. Do you really want this now?

Im been tuning in busines 19 years. I started chiptuning 1998. Today everyone can start chiptuning like a real professional. D-mos and information like that are awailable easily. Flashloaders read the tuned file as well as original, nobody cant protect own work.

Who is the professional? I dont have any internet career but Im been in business almost 20years. Is that enough for been in member at forum?

Or somebody who buy a winols and some tool and writing like a professional after some duckduckduckduckysis of old tuners work?

Belief me, internet career is not professional chiptuning.

Forum is really good now. Admin, no restrict. Please keep it fresh!

Thanks!
mika

Aligator
12-27-2007, 05:45 PM
My opinion is that the forum should be closed for proffesionals only plus maybe an open forum with general info about chiptuning with no detailed information.

In my country within the last year a large group of "cheaptuners" showed up using pirated WinOLS, copying someone elses work and selling tunes at 1/4 of normal price at the eBay. With the open forum like it is at the moment they get another bunch of knowledge for free. I'm not willing to share knowledge with such people because it works against me and other proffesional tuners.

dimitris simonis
12-27-2007, 06:03 PM
++++++++++

vwmike
12-27-2007, 07:50 PM
I thought in a way we got around this with the advanced area but nobody seems to use it. The US isn't quite as bad as Europe with regards to the "cheap tuners" but I'm sure it is only a matter of time. I get so many requests for me to teach people as it is.....

Bencc
12-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Hello John,

Profile updated! I'm happy to see something is to be done now! Maybe a quick and free check for Dutch members can be this:

http://www.kvk.nl/handelsregister/zoekenframeset.asp?register=1

This is the Dutch chamber of commerce. Just fill in the company name (max 2 words) and, if known, the place. Select "Actieve handelsnamen", only active companies will show up.

I'm sure that for most other countries a similar website exists. Hope this can be of any help.

You're right, it's the same in Belgium :
http://www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/tsv/tsvf.htm

In my case : just type the name of the company : CB power, push "liste" and you'll see informations like VAT number,...

Ben

CTW John
12-29-2007, 04:48 PM
You're right, it's the same in Belgium :
http://www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/tsv/tsvf.htm

In my case : just type the name of the company : CB power, push "liste" and you'll see informations like VAT number,...

Ben

Well as the forum leaders will have to go through the account checking we'll do it our own way otherwise it would take months to check accounts, we'll be mailing everyone about the changes in the new year when everyone is back to work and start to change things.

Kalu
03-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Is this much needed clear out still going to happen?

RS4biturbo
03-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Is this much needed clear out still going to happen?

No idea but I'd love to see it happening!!!!

mdmcurious
03-04-2008, 10:49 PM
One part should be only viewable by professionals i agree.

Commercial Papers should be prove enough and if someone is still a black sheep he should be kicked from the internal part of this forum.

And yes my english skills suck ;)

ChipWizard
03-08-2008, 11:13 PM

Any other suggestions?

How about posting some random files, with the file ID removed, for people to identify particular aspects of the file in order to qualify as a 'professional'?

That should separate the wheat from the chaff...

Might end up with nobody left though:D