PDA

View Full Version : Scam

cc tune
10-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Hi Guys,

My dealer has just gone out to a irish customer who said he wanted to have 4 vans remapping, when he got there, there was only one van, the other was on the other side of the M1 and the other 2 were on there way:confused: once he read the file he said that soething was not right so he asked for the money up front, the customer then got a bit arsey and said if he loads the map on his brother would pay him on the other side of the motorway.
Needless to say the guy did not get his van done, in hine sight I should of imobilized it :)
Luckily my dealer only wasted his and my time.

So be aware this may be a new scam that might affect you or your dealers.

His contact number is 07833 930763 just incase he rings one of you!!!!!

Chris

Edge
10-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Hi Guys,

My dealer has just gone out to a irish customer who said he wanted to have 4 vans remapping, when he got there, there was only one van, the other was on the other side of the M1 and the other 2 were on there way:confused: once he read the file he said that soething was not right so he asked for the money up front, the customer then got a bit arsey and said if he loads the map on his brother would pay him on the other side of the motorway.
Needless to say the guy did not get his van done, in hine sight I should of imobilized it :)

Chris

This guy is still calling 6 transit's to do now needs them doing today wants to pay cash :D

cc tune
10-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Called me 5 times today already.:mad:

Edge
10-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Yeah me too so i sent him for a little drive :D told him i couldnt come to him would meet half way 60miles for him hope he enjoys the drive.

cc tune
10-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Thats made my day:D

fiesta
10-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Hi Guys,

Chris
Whe have those customers in Norway too.
Ask for a better price by telling they have more cars coming for tune.
I allways reply to customer..1 car full price next one get better price.
BRG F

NWT
10-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Difference is these guys aren't intending to pay:(

fiesta
10-24-2009, 07:21 PM
Difference is these guys aren't intending to pay:(
Now i got it...even worse, not cool to travel long distance to discover that customer duckduckduckduck you
brg f

mods4cars
10-24-2009, 07:55 PM
What Do you expect ? pikey remapping on the side of the M1 motorway.

Its this cowboy crap thats dragging down the the tuning industry . How was he going to test the vehicle ? Special arse dyno ???

aaronfirth
10-24-2009, 08:37 PM
This guy is still calling 6 transit's to do now needs them doing today wants to pay cash :D

Free remap is least of your worries. What happens when you turn up to no address and you get a baseball bat round the head and all your gear knicked!!

Don't know about the rest of you but I choose who to do busines with and pikeys are not on the list.

fiesta
10-24-2009, 09:18 PM
Free remap is least of your worries. What happens when you turn up to no address and you get a baseball bat round the head and all your gear knicked!!

Don't know about the rest of you but I choose who to do busines with and pikeys are not on the list.
I bet you have a very tight contest in UK and that is allright...but someone show up with
a baseball bat is not common in Norway....yet.

BRG F

ChipWizard
10-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Watch for people paying with stolen/cloned cards too.

I have been burned once with it, and several of my customers have too. One of my customers sold two tubey exhausts for Lambos and got stung to the tune of £4500 for it when the card company took the money back from his account.

Not usually pikeys though, every time I know of it's been one of our Asian friends, not being racist, just an observasion.

It's difficult to know how to protect your business sometimes, do you chance getting stung by bad payers or refuse to do business with certain types such as pikeys etc and thus chance getting fined for acting in a manner which might be construed as racist or prejudiced in some way?

Perhaps Jack Straw can clarify......?

nitro
10-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Do your work in a workshop and get paid cash instead of mobile cheap tuning.
All problems are solved :)

RS4biturbo
10-26-2009, 03:36 PM

I was going to suggest the same but didn't want to get a flame war started :D

ChipWizard
10-26-2009, 05:17 PM

I do work from a workshop and I have stopped taking card payments now anyway for a number of reasons. My customer who got shafted for £4500 on the Lambo exhausts also has a workshop and we both have had for years.

Even taking cash is not without its problems sometimes though, is it?

Evaluating the customer and saying 'no' when it looks dodgy is the way I fly now.

cc tune
10-27-2009, 02:14 PM
I also have a workshop and chassis dyno but I have dealers who will do the job mobile and some customers prefer that especially pikeys.

mods4cars
10-28-2009, 02:24 PM
I also have a workshop and chassis dyno but I have dealers who will do the job mobile and some customers prefer that especially pikeys.

MOBILE = PIKEY end of story . If it upsets some of your here , sorry , dont take it personally

RSTuning
10-29-2009, 05:30 PM
MOBILE = PIKEY end of story . If it upsets some of your here , sorry , dont take it personally

+1

Totally agree

reddog
10-29-2009, 05:53 PM
for those of us on the other side of the pond....what is a "pikey"?

ALFA TUNER
10-29-2009, 06:11 PM

10 steps worse than a gypo:rolleyes:

RS4biturbo
10-29-2009, 08:37 PM

watch snatch, it'll give you a good idea :D

mods4cars
10-29-2009, 10:02 PM

Something similiar to your trailer trash multiplied x 10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LJw6PAi5Q8&feature=PlayList&p=74D1C2CC364A92B9&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=66

dugi
10-30-2009, 10:20 AM
I really love that movie!