PDA

View Full Version : ORIDB FAQs

imported_admin
02-05-2006, 02:06 AM
ORIDB is a database of original files. This is a service checksumm.com provides to some users. The access to this database requieres a subscription. After the first payment succeeds, the user is granted access to ORIDB Section on the forum. In this section the user can have access to more specific information about the feeding, the development and general questions about ORIDB usage. Then the administrator creates a login to each user to access the database. There are different restrictions in monthly downloading limits for each kind of subscription.

Users can browse the database by clicking on this link: http://oridb.checksumm.com

1. We do not sell files, we sell the access to a service. The users can download files on the database, most of then ORIGINAL files, but there are also some useful and free tools or maybe some tuning files.
Users can upload files. The files are approved by a moderator. The best contributors should have their limits raised if necessary. But this is a manual process. We think a credit system should give some users the possibility to cheat.

2. The subscription process is integrated on the forum and uses PAYPAL. Users can suspend the subscription any time. To subscribe, a user can click on the desired forum. A message is displayed saying the user needs to belong to a group and make a subscription. If the clicks to show the options, a screen shows all the possibilities

http://www.checksumm.com/assets/subscript1.gif

the user chooses the group and a new screen shows the group details and an icon to make the payment in paypal

http://www.checksumm.com/assets/subscript2.gif

Then the subscription process is redirected to paypal, so the user can confirm the settings and make the payment.

The user must then check if it has access to the forum. Any problem with this operation should be sent to Admin (info@checksumm.com).

The admin automatically receives information and creates a user in Oridb. This should take no more than 1 day. Any problems related to ORIDB can be communicated to Admin or posted on that section.

3. We have 2 levels of access plus admin and moderator access.

ORIDB Standard Access: can download 30 files per month or 20MB bandwidth limit
ORIDB Premium Access: can download 80 files per month or 60MB bandwidth limit

4. Files are ordered by categories and the name identifies the file correctly. The files have the engine type, the Hardware number and software number on the name. This properties can be searcheable for better usage.

5. Files uploaded by the users are moderated. A moderator checks if the name and description is according to the standard we created. Please only submit files you know are ok. Compressed files format is better for faster downloads and possible not reaching quota limit so fast.

6. Cancelation. Users can suspend the access at any time. Please inform admin of the cancelation. Unsubscribe on the forum or in paypal webpage.

More details soon. Users can now subscribe

T-POWER
03-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Hello Members,
I wanna know how is using the ORIDB server allready?

I ask because I see all the time in the thread ORG FILE guys asking for ORG File and every user help them. Please dont understand me wrong, helping is a Forum idea ;). But I think is not the idea, if yes, why was the ORIDB created?

Greetings
T-POWER

imported_admin
03-07-2006, 12:54 AM
maybe 6 or 7 users are already using ORIDB. They can say if it is helpfull or not. The database has 1050 files already. It will have more in the future, is just a question of time and getting things organized to upload.