PDA

View Full Version : OriDB access

rossd
01-23-2006, 04:02 PM
How can I register to upload\Download from the oridb, I have a few files to upload to it :D

Edit: Ok, I have seen you have to subscribe to the group, what is the difference between the 1 USD and 35 USD package?

imported_admin
01-23-2006, 05:45 PM
hi, yes ORIDB is almous ready, we are trying to test some details and to upload many original files as possible. You can already browse as guest just to see how it will look like.

Those 2 groups are created for testing porpouses and the prices for accessing this service is not yet established. Basically users will need to be members of the forum and subscribe to one of the groups available. Then they will have some monthly limits to download files. There is no credit system yet, users can upload files, but maybe that feature has to be given to trusted users. There is nothing good with having bad files on the server. One other thing is to write all the rules so users can find good files with good names on the database. There will be searching feature by hardware or software number, etc.

So, if there are some users that has some ideias, and the software used can met those ideias, it can be customized. Other ideias may have to be implemented later because maybe we have to pay for someone to customize the code.

We are asking some people to give input on the prices for the service vs monthly limits.
There should be also a payed section on the forum to advanced chiptuners who want to share some ideias and tricks, and that not being able to be read by a normal user.

so basically this week there should be some news on oridb. Users can also give some inputs.

imported_admin
01-31-2006, 09:18 PM
so does anybody already try to browse: http://oridb.checksumm.com

I'm loading the ori files to the database, nearly 1000 already. Soon I will open this service to all that subscribe to it.

imported_admin
02-07-2006, 01:50 AM
ORIDB, the ORIginal files DataBase is now open. You can check the rules here: http://checksumm.com/chiptuning/viewtopic.php?t=252

The access requires a subscription. The subscription keeps the service/site running and allow only really interested people from accessing the service.

There are 2 leves of access now. Check your needs.

There is no automatic credit system, but users who upload many "quality" files will have their limits raised manually.

File upload is moderated.

ecufiddler
02-19-2006, 08:36 PM
is there a database list available to see before anyone actually subscribes? It may help my decision whether to go ahead or not?

thanks,

imported_admin
02-19-2006, 09:14 PM
hi, I can give you access if you are interested to see the files. We are in the process of uploading files. There are already more than 1000 files. If you want to try a different access, please send me a private message.
The functionality can be tested in guest access to 3 files.. to all users.