PDA

View Full Version : where goes checksumm.com forum?

MNBM
11-01-2006, 03:23 PM
I donīt think so, but I have feeling this forum slowly falls down.
Long time I canīt find something interesting, some new infos, solution for something, duckduckduckduckyzing somethings, and so on. There is only requests for original files, how to start newbs asks, morally advices about how wrong the fleabay is, and offtopic posts about nothing where the writer advertising herself by signature. And when somebody some interesting thema write, only newbs and and little eperienced users trying to discuss about and users who really knows donīt adds one word for.

Yesterday I have seen one topic what surprised me. I donīt know why when some guy from Lithuania fairly asks for compatibility between some tool and some ECU, no one can write him "no, it is impossible, do buy some better tool" instead two valuable pages what bring nothing for the quy what asks.
Was sent him pm and wrote him exactly what I write here -"impossible, do buy better tool".

So maybe I am wrong, maybe not, this is only my point of view.

MNBM

imported_admin
11-02-2006, 12:07 PM
I can't contribute with valuable chiptuning information, but if someones suggests something to solve that and make experience chiptuners share info, experience and knowledge, go ahead.

That is one on my main concerns on open a private section for advanced chiptuning information.

thanos
11-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Even in the ori files section i see some people requesting some files and others send it by pm.Why?
When someone else needs this file he has to make the request again and again and......I don`t think that te forum falls down though.The only thing that this forum needs is more experienced tuners and less argues to each other.

ps: By more i mean numbers not experience.

turborabbit
11-10-2006, 11:43 AM
2MNBM
I think that the subject is that most professionals see absolutely no reason to share their know-how to public sight. Especially nowdays, when the amount of "chiptuners" with cr@ck3d winols and cloned HW tools is increasing rapidly. There are plenty of private ways (phone, mail, skype eyc) to share knowledge/experience between checked people, from whom someone can expect some help in return, when needed. That's the issue, and as long as this forum is kept open to all the public, there will be no significant change in content.

turborabbit
11-10-2006, 11:51 AM
The only thing that this forum needs is more experienced tuners
====
If this forum is to be kept public, and it is desired to increase public knowledgebase, it needs more LESS experienced people, who are yet studying "the science" and are ready to share something for nothing. But the quality of this public info will be corresponding it's cost of course

thanos
11-10-2006, 12:06 PM

Did you saw this?

Tecno
11-10-2006, 12:09 PM
Just an idea, but we could keep this whole forum private, Admin could stop the registry proccess and only users that he see fitted, would be admited !

I think vbulletin and phpbb have this options ! Users can register, but then are not allowed into the forum (they can't even see topics/threads), unless the Admin aproves their account !

How about it ? :) Seams more fair to me...

Best Regards
Tecno

turborabbit
11-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Did you saw this?
====
yes

turborabbit
11-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Seams more fair to me...
====
for you :)

part of forum should be kept public, but there should be some restricted area, access to which should be judged for example by someone's contribution into this project and this trigger should NOT be based on the number of posts because there are ppl with barely 100 posts but every their post is valuable.

thanos
11-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Just an idea, but we could keep this whole forum private, Admin could stop the registry proccess and only users that he see fitted, would be admited !

I think vbulletin and phpbb have this options ! Users can register, but then are not allowed into the forum (they can't even see topics/threads), unless the Admin aproves their account !

How about it ? :) Seams more fair to me...

Best Regards
Tecno

You do realise that you need 5 admins for this job....Kind of hard to keep up with.The advanced chip tuning section would be a lot easier to moderate.Plus this forum has to be heard to all the tuners.

Tecno
11-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Ok, no problem thanos and turborabbit, just different oppinions, I respect all, I was only giving mine...
Anyway, it's not up to us to decide, but to the admin and moderators team... ;)

Best Regards to All
Tecno

turborabbit
11-10-2006, 12:35 PM
The advanced chip tuning section would be a lot easier to moderate.
====
I guess there will be no need of moderation in there

MNBM
11-10-2006, 12:35 PM
2MNBM
I think that the subject is that most professionals see absolutely no reason to share their know-how to public sight. Especially nowdays, when the amount of "chiptuners" with cr@ck3d winols and cloned HW tools is increasing rapidly. There are plenty of private ways (phone, mail, skype eyc) to share knowledge/experience between checked people, from whom someone can expect some help in return, when needed. That's the issue, and as long as this forum is kept open to all the public, there will be no significant change in content.

I am understand. I donīt need to somebody posting some tutorials or his files.
But to discuss about particular experince, about measuring, about specific things will be welcome for me.
You have right, there is a lot of users with zero posts, who is reading and downloading only, and some with a lot of posts, who is aksing only. The privat way is the solution, but I think by this way I am teasting so much, and there is smaller inspiration to do it against when I see some real thread.

It looks like is necessary to cut forum for two parts or there will be only stupid asks and requesting for originals.

turborabbit
11-10-2006, 12:44 PM
I am understand. I donīt need to somebody posting some tutorials or his files.
====
Well, I would post tutorials and files, but as long as I am sure that these are going to good hands and not spread around the internet for free.

But to discuss about particular experince, about measuring, about specific things will be welcome for me.
You have right, there is a lot of users with zero posts, who is reading and downloading only, and some with a lot of posts, who is aksing only. The privat way is the solution, but I think by this way I am teasting so much, and there is smaller inspiration to do it against when I see some real thread.
====
Agree with you

It looks like is necessary to cut forum for two parts or there will be only stupid asks and requesting for originals.
====
"This happened before and it will happen again" (c)
Im on few of such forums of this subject (oktja, gtc, 16v etc), which have private sections without stupid questions and where im happy to help others and to ask for someone's help :)

mods4cars
11-10-2006, 12:44 PM
This forum is very good , ive help people and people have helped me . because of this place ive become a better at what i do. The info you can get in here is priceless

Im not to happy about it being completely open as there is some very sensitive info i the forum , also there is a lot of tuners in here who want to help , but will not as every bloody ebayer with his KWP interface can see
So when are we getting the advanced section ?

thanos
11-10-2006, 04:23 PM
This matter has been discussed 3 times .It`s up to admin now.

artwar2004
11-11-2006, 09:44 AM

We already have one like that – chiptuningforum.com – a year ago every one, who didn’t fit moderators view, have been thrown out, even thou they have been active only on English section and most of those people have been hobbyists, also there been located in different parts of earth and couldn’t bring any concurrency to local market. As I understood they left people that are potential customers for their sponsors. I am slowly progressing from hobbyist to professional chiptuner with lots of studding and not to many stupid questions, but that is very hard with having only good programmer and it is impossible if support from others is taken a way. And it is very sad when people like me are thrown out only because we aren’t fitting some ones view. I think people cracking software and hardware have enough money and knowledge to get in to any of forums and databases. Usually people who really need that support suffer the most.

gtheo1
11-11-2006, 10:11 AM
Let's have for example user Thanos.

He don't know how to calculate a 8-bit checksum and he wants
to enter the advance chiptuning section?
He copy the maps from Dimsport or Alientech saying that it's his 'homework' and asks for
more maps from us?

So, the most important for the new section is the moderator(s) to be able to choose the experienced users but I cannot see this is easy. Of course we can see the ebayers with clones, but all the others who wants in some months of chiptuning to call themselves super-tuners and copies others works isn't.

PS: Thanos please accept my apologize, I just use your name for example. I don't know you and I don't have something with you.

turborabbit
11-11-2006, 02:04 PM

We already have one like that – chiptuningforum.com – a year ago every one, who didn’t fit moderators view, have been thrown out, even thou they have been active only on English section and most of those people have been hobbyists, also there been located in different parts of earth and couldn’t bring any concurrency to local market. As I understood they left people that are potential customers for their sponsors. I am slowly progressing from hobbyist to professional chiptuner with lots of studding and not to many stupid questions, but that is very hard with having only good programmer and it is impossible if support from others is taken a way. And it is very sad when people like me are thrown out only because we aren’t fitting some ones view. I think people cracking software and hardware have enough money and knowledge to get in to any of forums and databases. Usually people who really need that support suffer the most.
====
Errr... I think there's misunderstanding.
Nobody's going "throw out" anyone, just one section was added where some checked people can speak freely about some advanced stuff. You've given here one example of why this place is necessary. You said something like "i'm not so stupid to post here my tuned file for my project, it's many years work etcetctec". I understand the reason, but if you were sure that this file would not be copied and sold by your neighbour for example, then you would post it without second thought. At least I would do so, because one fresh eye will always find some things to correct and one fresh idea could help you solving your problem. And vice versa, i would help anyone (if i can) as long as I'm sure that my help will not be used against me or any of my friends.

Now the criteria of picking people... well i guess admins/mods are able to sort questions-only and flood-only users, also they can check pm's to see who's NOT talking in public but gives help by PM and they'll get a first coarse list. If someone feel's he was missed he just contacts admins/mods and explains and after some check he's either granted or denied access these.
Again, if management decides that there should be a strict rule to accept only professionals, then they can verify someone with easy way by equipment/software, manufacturers are watching this forum and can confirm their clients :)

turborabbit
11-11-2006, 02:33 PM
Let's take for example user Thanos.
He doesn't know how to calculate a 8-bit checksum and he wants
to enter the advanced chiptuning section?
====
Example is example, but did he ever stated here that he wants to have access to this section?

He copies the maps from Dimsport or Alientech saying that it's his 'homework' and asks for more maps from us?
====
Are you sure about that? :shock:

but all the others who wants in some months of chiptuning to call themselves super-tuners and copies others works aren't.
====
Well mods in here are professional tuners with many years of experience. I'm sure that they are able to understand easily someone's level of knowledge and experience. Don't forget, that it was stated before that pm's are monitored here, so they have more info about users than seems to us, common mortals :)

PS: Thanos please accept my apologize, I just use your name for example. I don't know you and I don't have something with you.
====
Me neither, but after reading this topic http://checksumm.com/chiptuning/viewtopic.php?t=720 i must admit that indeed, he incorrect attitude during his start in here.

MNBM
11-11-2006, 05:44 PM
The idea is good, but I thing there will be hard to sort who yes and who no, especially for admin or for mods. Admin is out of game, because he said he is not tuner, and every mod can know good about ten twenty users, but there will be about 500 users wants to have acces...

One thing is clear, no one wants hot ebay tuners, switching work with mobile phones to the cars.
But what will be the criteria?
Registered company for tuning, older than x years?
Invoices for tools?
One demo trial tuned file from everyone to recognize who knows and who not?
Writing chiptuning knowledge test?

I donīt think so...

dimitris simonis
11-12-2006, 08:46 AM
I think that the conclusion is "time for action" because the forum is not so interesting any more as it was.

bellautos
11-12-2006, 02:09 PM
I agree i think the forum need to open the advanced chiptuning section.

Ive added a few names to a list in the moderators forum of people who i think are a genuine help to make a start.

I think it is NOT a good idea of people supplying a tuned file for proof of good tuning because the ebay members MAY just buy a good file from a tuner and use this to submit for aaccess.

I think we need INVITE only from mods / admin or allready members with access to the forum.

Pits
11-12-2006, 07:40 PM
It will be difficult to sort out which one as the skills and the ones who don't... Let the post's talk by their selfs, i'm not chiptuner so i'm not worried about.. Here to learn and give some tips about the poor experience i've ;) Let the forum reach a kickass chiptuning forum and then think on what you want to do after... Because all of you know what's happening on chiptuningforum.com, so this will be a clone. I would start to clean all 0poster on member lists...

gtred
11-12-2006, 10:40 PM
There is confusion over this word in my mind.
Is it someone with a read and write device who looks for free info on this site?
Or ist it someone who pay for proper software to go with their fancy Top of the range ISO aproved blinky Flasher Who buys files from the cheapest source? Are they a Tax paying ,Registered and Insured business.
Do they have another Job and look upon this as Supplement my income.?
Do they lower eveyones chances of staying in business by being to cheap and messing the Market up.And some people here are only too happy to help these part time Taxi drivers,as they might be able to sell some tun files. Many of us have made a huge investment in our business'.
How come we let people in too Cheap with flash tools to Mess up our Market.
Why did i Refinance My Family home to Invest in the best tools available to me, So as i can help someone out who did not?......
I feel like sending a post to my local Mp to have a look into this
I love what i do, But if i cannot make money at this because i must compete with some People who decide on a Tuesday that they are new Top Remapping company in my district and post an ad in a local motoring magazine, or have make a website then they are Official Pros because some one else is too happy to provide them with files
Why must i pay for Ori Files,Because it is investment thats why.I am happy to Pay as it is part of my business,.
The whole Remapping Business will end up being compared and thought of and being held in the same regard just the same as the MILEAGE CALIBRATION Business in the UK, Bloke down pub has LapTop give you great job on your car by Top Tuner for Fifty Pound ,as soon as he finishes his shift....
Nah mate you dont need a Dyno Cos Car Park mapping is far better, Havent you heard

Are these the words of a raving Idiot or someone who cares about where his Industry is heading?
We will reap what we sow

Mvh
Kobus
gtred

thanos
11-13-2006, 09:39 AM
Let's have for example user Thanos.

He don't know how to calculate a 8-bit checksum and he wants
to enter the advance chiptuning section?
He copy the maps from Dimsport or Alientech saying that it's his 'homework' and asks for
more maps from us?

So, the most important for the new section is the moderator(s) to be able to choose the experienced users but I cannot see this is easy. Of course we can see the ebayers with clones, but all the others who wants in some months of chiptuning to call themselves super-tuners and copies others works isn't.

I am very mad right now.I don`t accept your apologise and if you want an example use your name instead.I don`t know you.we live in greece both of us and after this you don`t want to meet me.
I never asked of your help.I don`t use alientech.I bought and exchanged some damos after that post.I have learned how to calculate the 8 bit chksum even if i don`t need it.I bought tuned files from some guys in the forum too.This post is offending and this duckduckduckducking flaming has to be stopped.I didn`t copy anything from anyones work.You have to have proofs before opening your mouth.

ps:Gtheo1 go and play with your obd tools leave me and any user who doesn`t know as much as you know.There are guys here like john , bell, car-power, mnbm, tecno, ..... who respects me and each other even if i dont know 10% of what they know.Oh and i realy have something with you.

thanos
11-13-2006, 09:46 AM
[quote=gtheo1]

but all the others who wants in some months of chiptuning to call themselves super-tuners and copies others works isn't.

I don`t call my self tuner.I am trying very hard to become though.This is not my job.It`s not even my second job.

nd who told you that you will be invited when the advnced chiptuning index starts?
You sound like a pro tuner right?Could you please explain us this?

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=gtheo1

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8069753335
Yeah another fleebay tuner with proofs.

Philip
11-13-2006, 07:52 PM
It seems to be starting already. The group devides in two, one consider themselves to be the elite, and the rest are left outside waiting for an invite that never comes. The gentlemans club of chiptuningforum will be repeated if this continues. Too many people have inferiority complex. They shout to be the best, make insults at thers. Try to prove they are better than many others.

thanos
11-13-2006, 09:04 PM
What do you have to say now gtheo1?Are you an elite tuner that buys files from fleebay.And yes this is a claim and proof of someone who pretends to be a big ass tuner.

MNBM
11-13-2006, 09:17 PM
What do you have to say now gtheo1?Are you an elite tuner that buys files from fleebay.And yes this is a claim and proof of someone who pretends to be a big ass tuner.

Thanos, donīt be so hot and let it be.

turborabbit
11-13-2006, 09:25 PM
====
Excuse me, I understand that hot greek blood demands some hard answer, but let's forget that you were talking about gtheo1, could you please explain what the fact that someone bought these dvds has to do with someone's knowledge and experience? Why you are so sure that someone should/will use these "tuned" files on customers? Too much fuss for nothing imho.
I haven't bought any of these dvds yet, but i'm thinking about buying one, because I need to renew my collection of original files... You really believe that if I finally buy it, this will convert me to fleabayer?

PS. I hope any of your e-bay accounts will never be revealed to public.

thanos
11-13-2006, 09:45 PM
I am tired of been flamed from you guys(not all of you).That`s why i am so hot blooded(as you said).I really can find and reveal a lot of things but i will not play any of this games anymore.I don`t have any time for this.I prefer to study and experiment with what i have in my hands.

PS:turborabbit do you think that only the ori files are used.I don`t think so.

CTW John
11-13-2006, 09:45 PM
how many times do I have to ask everyone to calm down, god I don't actively post for a few days and you all say it's boring, I do apologise! lol

Thanos, you are the new boy who posts alot so you need to expect some grief as your name is everywhere, at least your keen but hey duckduckduckduck happens, we all deal with it. I suggest everyone goes and has a beer, that's what I'm going to do! cheers :)

Philip
11-13-2006, 10:07 PM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/153/857337~The-Simpsons-Homer-To-Alcohol-Posters.jpg

thanos
11-13-2006, 10:20 PM
Ohh i will start drinking as it seems.

turborabbit
11-13-2006, 10:22 PM
http://www.gtc.gr/forum/images/smiles/icon_beerchug.gif http://www.gtc.gr/forum/images/smiles/icon_beerchug.gif http://www.gtc.gr/forum/images/smiles/icon_beerchug.gif http://www.gtc.gr/forum/images/smiles/icon_beerchug.gif http://www.gtc.gr/forum/images/smiles/icon_beerchug.gif http://www.gtc.gr/forum/images/smiles/icon_beerchug.gif http://www.gtc.gr/forum/images/smiles/icon_beerchug.gif

CTW John
11-14-2006, 12:39 AM
ah......... my job is done again it seems! :)

Long live Sambuca!!! :D

CTW John
11-25-2006, 08:22 PM
It seems the forum is getting busier and busier as forum statistics today show;

Most users ever online was 23 on Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:00 pm

imported_admin
11-26-2006, 12:34 AM
that's nice.